Saturday, December 29, 2007

First Ultrasound of Pickle - 28/12/07


This is our first official picture of "Pickle". We had an ultrasound done on 28/12/07. Pickle measured at 10.6mm with a heart rate of 134 bpm. Everything was completely normal and it was so exciting to see the heartbeat fluttering in our little bean. Hearing the heartbeat was also kind of emotional but we managed to hold back the emotion!! It was definitely relieving to actually see little Pickle. I mean, I know I've had lots of symptoms and my belly is definitely growing but theres something especially nice about being able to see that little being inside you growing away. Very reassuring and it felt very real today. We also went to the boxing day sales and managed to get a car seat on special. It's funny how Miles is so much happier to come "baby shopping" with me now that we're actually pregnant. I guess it's understandable but I've never worried about buying stuff before we were pregnant. I knew we definitely would be in the future so it wasn't a problem for me. I'm not one of these people that think if you buy stuff before it happens you're jinxing the outcome. What I buy or don't buy isn't going to affect the outcome of this pregnancy and I would prefer to be prepared....

No comments: