Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time for.........Stimulants (Stims)


Well I've had 2 nights of stims now. We're using Gonal F. It's in a funny pen thing - looks like a fancy biro pen and you remove the lid and screw the needle into it. The fluid is preloaded and you just stab it in like the Buserelin. The needle is way thinner and I hardly feel it when I press it in. I inject 150 micro-grams. It comes in a pen with 375 micro-grams so I inject for two days in a row just once at night but on the third day I have to use the 75 mg up and then do another 75 mg from a new pen to make it up to the 150. I think I can sort of feel it moving around in my stomach or ovaries - but that could possibly be my overactive imagination!!
We have our first scan and blood work on Thursday which should give us a good indication of how many eggs we will have to play with. Grow follies grow....
Am feeling pretty positive at the moment. We had some friends round for lunch today and we felt so house proud (we've only been here since 26 October) showing them around - I just feel all things are going well at the moment - long may it continue....

No comments: